Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I lost count of the day. <OOOPS>


I'm really contented of how I'm living now. I'm blessed to be having a roof above me where some people right now barely have anything to cover their heads. I'm blessed that I don't have to worry about my meals where people out there are digging trash bins or any ways they could to fill their hollow stomachs. When I was a kid, I've always dream of doing something to help the unfortunate. I remember vividly during sec1 days, I was with my mum happily eating a burger at MacDonald's. And I was just randomly thinking kids my age out there being hungry and not having a single penny to even afford a bread. 
So what actually got me to think of it? I was in the string ensemble in primary school and in p6, we went to New York City for our music school exchange and to learn about their music culture there. We had night/evening walks down the streets and past by the alleys as well (we didn't walk into those alleys). For the first time in my life, I came across people living on the streets. Young and olds. With my bare eyes, I clearly saw kids younger than me that time sleeping with a cupboard next to the bin. It broke me internally so badly. Moreover, it was winter season. 
Ever since, I kept thinking of them till today. I'm really wondering so hard how are they doing right now. God bless them please. During my meal with my mum at MacDonald's, I just randomly blurted out, when I grow up, I would like to buy many burgers for the homeless out there. ((I doubt my mum remember anyway)) but honestly at sec1, I already had such intentions. Sigh, but I think it'll just be a dream for me to be their Samaritan. 

Xoxo, 
Gladys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment